If you come across sick, stranded, injured or dead marine animals such as a turtle, dugong, dolphin or whale, please report it to the Queensland Department of Environment and Science marine hotline on 1300 130 372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific condition and location information is particularly helpful so GPS coordinates and photos are appreciated. If an animal has a tag, please record the tag data and take a photo of it as well.
General information regarding sick, injured or dead terrestrial animals.
- Wildlife emergencies in Queensland (sick, injured and orphaned – other than marine animals, crocodiles and cassowaries), RSPCA or phone 1300 264 625.
- Wildlife in Redlands (sick, injured and orphaned), Redlands Wildlife Rescue or phone 3833 4031.
- Koalas in North Brisbane (sick, injured and orphaned), Pine Rivers Koala Care or phone 0401 350 799.
- Flighted sea birds in Greater Brisbane (injured), Pelican and Seabird Rescue or phone 0404 118 301.
- Crocodile sightings in Queensland, Department of Environment and Science.
- Cassowaries in Queensland (sick, injured and orphaned), Department of Environment and Science.
- C3 bats in Queensland, (a bat that has bitten or scratched a person, or the person has had exposure to the bat’s saliva or neural tissue through their mucous membranes, e.g. eye), contact the Department of Environment and Science.